Six steps you can take to safeguard your mobile phone:
- Install anti-virus software and keep it up to date
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi when logging into important websites or apps such as banking apps
- Clear your past browsing data or use private browsing mode
- Use passcode and biometric to unlock your phone and switch on auto screen lock
- Install apps only from official app stores and avoid installing shady apps
- Avoid jailbreaking or rooting your device as it may increase security risks
** What is jailbreaking and rooting? This is for some customers to understand its meaning as we have customers that are not “techy” and now aware about the terms.
- Jailbreaking and rooting are ways to modify a smartphone or electronic device to allow installation of unauthorized software by removing restrictions imposed by the manufacturer.